File Magic is a free (forever, no adverts) file manager for Android OS v1.5+.
- Fast, Small, Astoundingly Customizable
- Per-Directory Cascading Configuration
for number of portrait/landscape columns, show icons, filename, filesize, file extension, status bar, sort (alpha, filesize, extension, reverse)
- Image Cache and Full-Screen
for fast browsing of photos
- Configurable Actions
create your own actions that appear in the action list when you select files!
- Selectable Actions: audio sample, open as, share (multiple), hide/unhide, set wallpaper, encrypt/decrypt, zip/unzip, lock/unlock,
remove menu clutter by disabling actions you don't use
- Fixed Actions
move, rename, delete, copy (all can operate on whole subdirectory tree)
- Multi-Directory Select
select files from several different directories and perform any of the
actions on them all together
- Transparent Zipfile Browsing (read-only)
- Integrated Text Viewer and Image Viewer (slide show, gestures, zoom out/in, scroll)
- Strokes for Forwards and Backwards
- Integrated search: easily switch between search results and file browsing
- Startup Parameters
start in a particular directory etc
[more on this]
Lock files or directories with simple pincodes to prevent casual access.
Tasker Integration Features
The following features all require Tasker to be installed
on your device. If you are browsing this on your device, you can install it directly (not yet available).
File Magic allows you to include Tasker tasks in the action list that pops up when you long-click on
files or directories. That allows you to use any of Tasker's over 100 actions when you select
one or more files or directories.
- zip and copy a file to a backup directory all at once
- say the name of the file then view it
- block/unblock all the phone numbers in the selected text file
- take a photo and overwrite the selected one with it
- insert your task here!
Play a 3 second excerpt of audio files in the background.
Encrypt/Decrypt multiple files or whole directories (requires Direct-Purchase
version of Tasker).
Zip/Unzip multiple files at once.
If you launch File Magic using Tasker's Browse Files
action, you can specify
This enables you to e.g. have widgets for various SD card directories in your homescreen.
- the starting directory
- a file pattern to match
- whether to show hidden files or not